Child Support Task Force Seeks Public Comments - Beginning September 19
- Who: Members of public who experienced MN's child support program
- When: Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017, from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Where: NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center, 1315 Penn Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55411; free parking and child care are available
- What: Provide an opportunity to share input on experiences with the program and suggestions for improvements. Comments are limited to five minutes per person to allow enough time for everyone to share their thoughts.
- Why: Task force members want to hear from the public as they continue their work to make recommendations to the Minnesota Department of Human Services on maintaining and improving Minnesota's child support guidelines.
Public comment meetings are also scheduled for Sept. 27 in Brainerd, Oct. 25 in Mankato, and Nov. 29 in Coon Rapids. Questions about these meetings - email the task force at DHS.MNChildSupportTF@state.mn.us. For more information, visit the task force webpage: http://tinyurl.com/ycs8r85n
The Child Support Task Force was established by the Minnesota Legislature in 2016; it must submit a report to the Legislature in February 2018.