To obtain a Certified Copy of a Minnesota Birth Certificate:
If you were born in Minnesota from 1935 to the present your birth certificate is on a statewide vital statistics system through the Minnesota Department of Health.
If you were born before that date you will need to obtain a certified copy from the county in which you were born or the county where your mother resided at the time of your birth or contact the Minnesota Department of Health at 651-201-5970.To obtain a certified copy in person:
1. You may appear in person at any Vital Statistic Department in any County in the State of
Minnesota. You may call the facility to make sure your name is on the State Vital Statistics System.
2. When you arrive you will need to complete a Minnesota Birth Record Application and present valid identification such as your driver's license.
3. There is a fee of $26.00 for a certified copy of a birth certificate.
4. See Minnesota Birth Record Application
for other persons that are eligible to obtain a birth certificate for you by appearing in person with valid identification. To obtain a certified copy by mail:
1. You must complete a Minnesota Birth Record Application
and sign the form in front of a Notary Public. You will need to show the Notary Public valid identification such as a driver's license.
2. Send completed birth record application and payment made payable to:
McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer
Attn: License Center
2391 Hennepin Ave N
Glencoe, MN 55336