To obtain a Certified Copy of a Marriage Certificate: Effective 8/1/2007 (You may make your request in person or by mail)
- Send us the full name of the groom, the full maiden name of the bride and the date of the marriage. You must have purchased your Marriage License from McLeod County for us to be able to provide you with the Certified Copy.
- Send $9.00 for the first copy and $2.00 for each additional copy requested for the same record. Make your check payable to McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer.
- Send the request and the correct dollar amount to:
McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer
2391 Hennepin Ave N
Glencoe, MN 55336
To apply for a Marriage License:
- Complete a Marriage License Application online or in our office.
- As of August 1, 2009 BOTH parties will need to be present when applying for a marriage license. If you are not able to both be present than the Marriage Application Supplemental form will need to be filled out & notarized.
- If either has been divorced, we need the official date of divorce and the name of the court.
- The Marriage License is valid for 6 months. You must marry within that time or the license will expire.
- $115.00 if no pre-marital counseling has been completed.
- $40.00 if 12 hours of pre-marital counseling has been completed AND we have a signed and notarized form from the person who provided the counseling. As of August 1, 2009, the form will need to have a notarized signature to be accepted for the reduced fee.
(No Birth Certificates, Driver's License, or Blood tests are required in Minnesota)
Educators Statement For Reduced Fee
Marriage License Application