How To Pay Your Taxes
THERE ARE SIX METHODS OF PAYING YOUR PROPERTY TAXES. EACH METHOD IS LISTED IN DETAIL BELOW:
PAYMENT IN PERSON
Property taxes can be paid by check or cash at the McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer's Office, located at the McLeod County Office Building (also known as the North Complex) at 2391 Hennepin Ave N in Glencoe.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For further information about paying property taxes in person, please call the McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer's Office at 320-864-1271.
PAYMENT BY MAIL
Your payment must be postmarked on or before the due date or penalties will apply. The United State Post Offices are now using servicing centers to postmark mail. Mail can be postmarked two or three days after drop off, please plan accordingly. If your tax payment is past due, please contact the McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office to determine the amount of penalty and interest you must include with your payment.
Make your check payable: McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer
Mailing Address: McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer 2391 Hennepin Ave N Glencoe, MN 55336
PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD OR BY ECHECK
Property taxes can be paid by using a Credit Card or by eCheck online or by telephone.
The following credit cards are accepted.
Follow the easy instructions to make payment at your convenience:
- You will be asked to enter your Property Id (Parcel) Number, have your property tax statement available.
- In additional, a convenience fee will be added when paying by Credit Card or eCheck by our payment vendor. The following convenience fees apply to all Credit Card or eCheck transactions:
- Credit Card fee is 2.5% of the total transaction
- eCheck fee is $1.50 per transaction under $10,000.00
- eCheck fee is $10.00 per transaction over $10,000.00
- You will be notified of the amount that will be applied to your Credit Card or eCheck prior to completing the transaction.
- For future information or to pay by telephone, please call the McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office at 320-864-1271.
- If you search using your Parcel Identification number select the Roll Type from the drop down menu and when entering in your Parcel Idenitication number only enter in the numeric value and not the letter such as R, P, or M.
- Pay Now
Please contact the McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office if you encounter any problems paying with your Credit Card.
PAYMENT DROP BOX
All items in the Drop Box at 8:00 a.m. will be considered the previous days business. The Drop Box is located in front of the McLeod County Office Building (also known as the North Complex) at 2391 Hennepin Ave N,Glencoe, MN 55336.
PAY YOUR TAXES BY DIRECT DEBIT FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
One option for paying your property tax is by allowing the Auditor-Treasurer to debit your bank account on the payment due date. You must sign up for this plan at least one month before the due date of your property tax. The payment will be debited from your chosen bank account on the property tax due date. Once you have signed up for this process, the Auditor-Treasurer will continue this process until you notify the Auditor-Treasurer's Office that you want to cancel. If you change bank accounts, you must also inform the Auditor-Treasurer's Office of that change. If you are interested in this method of paying your property tax, contact the Auditor-Treasurer's Office at 320-864-1271 or print and complete the downloadable file at the bottom of this page called Direct Payment Sign-Up Form and mail it directly to the McLeod County Auditor-Treasurer.
Direct Payment Sign-Up Form
ESCROWED TAX PAYMENT
Your lending institution may be escrowing your taxes for you. This means that you are paying a portion of your property tax in every mortgage payment you make to them. Your tax money is being kept in a special escrow account. The escrow agent at your mortgage company is responsible for paying your property taxes by the due date.
If you aren't certain if your property taxes are escrowed, contact your mortgage company or lending institution.