Board of Adjustment (Variance)

Variances are granted by the McLeod County Board of Adjustment. Variance applications and a one-time payment $496 (non-refundable) must be received by the 4th Thursday of the month in order to be scheduled on the following months' agenda. (Check or Cash Only)   

Due to the wide variety of proposals received, it it essential to discuss your proposal with a staff member in the Environmental Services Office before applying for a Variance.  Applicant Shall Attend Township meeting (after filing the application with the Environmental Services Office) to explain the proposal to the Town Board and to receive their written recommendation on the formal application. Also, a Sewer Certificate of Compliance may be required if our Office is unable to determine if the system is in compliance (per Minnesota State Rules Chapter 7080) or if the site is located within shore land.

McLeod County, Environmental Services

Solid Waste, Planning & Zoning, Household Hazardous Waste
1065 5th Avenue SE,
Hutchinson, MN  55350  

Marc Telecky, Environmental Services Director
(320) 484-4342,

Jacob McLain (Septic / Feedlot)
(320) 484-4343,
Sandy Posusta, Administrative Specialist
(320) 484-4344

Downloadable Files:
Variance Application
Variance Info Hand-Out