Students and Volunteers

student experiences

McLeod County Public Health Department provides a limited number of opportunities for clinical experiences for undergraduate or graduate students and internships.

Currently, we are only accepting clinical requests from Metropolitan State University and Minnesota State University-Mankato for undergraduate nursing students.

Please read the guidelines for Student Clinical/Internship Requests for additional information

To request a clinical placement or internship, please complete and submit the Request for internship/clinical placement form.


Want to Get Involved? 

MN Responds is a web site that is part of a nationwide initiative to pre-register, manage, and mobilize volunteers to help their communities respond to all types of disasters. 

Minnesota is looking for anyone willing to volunteer their skills in the event of a health emergency. These persons include: 

  • Healthcare professionals, such as physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, nursing assistants, respiratory therapists, psychiatrists, veterinarians, etc. 
    Public health professionals.
  • Behavioral health and social service professionals including psychologists, social workers, counselors, interpreters, and chaplains. 
    Support staff such as clerical workers, data entry, greeters, traffic control, canteen workers, etc.
Volunteers may be practicing, retired, college students, or otherwise employed. 
Visit MN Responds at  to get more information or to register to volunteer! You may also contact our office at 320-864-3185

Call 320-864-3185 or contact us via email at for more information.