Cash and Food Programs
The following programs help low-income people with cash or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Click on the program links for further information about the programs. Click here for information on How to Apply for Cash or SNAP assistance in McLeod County.
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) - This program is Minnesota's Cash and Food Assistance program for families who need assistance.
- Diversionary Work Program (DWP) - When most families first apply for cash assistance, they will participate in the Diversionary Work Program, or DWP. This is a 4-month program that helps parents go immediately to work rather than receive welfare.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) - formerly known as Food Support. This program helps low-income people with their food costs.
- General Assistance (GA) - This program serves as Minnesota's primary safety net for adults and childless couples. The GA Program provides monthly cash grants for vulnerable persons whose income and resources are less than program limits.
- Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA) - This program is a state funded program that provides a monthly cash supplement to people who are aged, blind or disabled and who receive federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.
- Housing Supports - This program is a state-funded income supplement program that pays for room-and-board costs for low-income adults who have been placed in a licensed or registered setting with which a county human service agency has negotiated a monthly rate.
- Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) - This program coordinates services to assist refugees in making the transition to life in the United States. These services include resettlement and placement, cash and medical assistance, and employment and social services.
“In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability.”
McLeod Social Service Center is prohibited from discriminating on the basis
of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination:
McLeod Social Service Center
520 Chandler Avenue North
Glencoe, MN 55336
McLeod County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Provider and Employer