Veteran Services- What's New

Emergency Medical Care for Veterans

The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Office of Community Care (OCC) is pleased to provide updated
communications products that explain when a Veteran should seek emergency medical care, and how VA can pay for a Veteran's service-connected and non-service connected emergency care from a community provider.

Fact Sheet - Emergency Medical Care
Fact Sheet - Emergency Transportation (Ambulance)
Website - Emergency Care

VA Announces Rollout and Application Process for New Veterans ID Card

The application process for the national Veterans Identification Card (VIC) is now available for Veterans. Only veterans with honorable service will be able to apply for the ID card, which will provide proof of military service. This new card may be accepted by retailers in lieu of the standard paper DD-214 form to obtain promotional discounts and other services offered to veterans. Veterans who served in the armed forced, including the reserve components, and who have a honorable or general discharge, may apply for a VIC.

To request a VIC, veterans must visit, click on "Sign In" in the top right hand corner
and establish an account. Once the veterans has verified their identity they may request
a VIC by clicking "Apply for the Veterans ID Card."

McLeod County Veteran Services on Social Media

McLeod County Veteran Services can now be followed on both Facebook and Twitter. In an effort to help more veterans we will post updates on veteran benefits and upcoming events that may be of interest to veterans each week. We invite everyone to like our pages to receive these timely updates.
Facebook  Twitter

LSS is Searching for Volunteers in McLeod County for a New Veteran Program

Lutheran Social Services (LSS) is seeking volunteers to assist families who care for veterans at home. Volunteers will be trained on providing caregiver support and respite care to veterans. 
Volunteers will be eligible for a monthly stipend and an education grant.
For more information on becoming a volunteer contact Sarah Doering at 320-221-4513 or