McLeod County has numerous areas to enjoy snowmobiling including the State Luce Line Trail.
A Snowmobile State Trail sticker is required for all snowmobiles operating on state or grant-in-aid trails. Get yours here: DNR
1. Minnesota DNR Snowmobiling
2. Snowmobile Safety Training Information offered by the Minnesota DNR
- Minnesota does have a maximum speed limit for Snowmobiles… 50 Miles per Hour. See Minnesota Administrative Rule 6100.5200 Subp. 4
- A person may not operate a snowmobile on a state or grant-in-aid snowmobile trail unless a snowmobile state trail sticker is affixed to the snowmobile. See Minnesota State Statute 84.8205 and you can purchase your trail sticker.
- Whenever ice conditions on a body of water deteriorate to such an extent that there is substantial danger to persons using motorized vehicles, including snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles, the Sheriff, where the body of water is located, may prohibit or restrict the use of motorized vehicles on all or a portion of the body of water. See Minnesota State Statute 86B.106.
License Information - This site will allow RESIDENTS and NONRESIDENTS to purchase hunting & fishing licenses, safety certificates, passes, trail stickers, apply for hunting lotteries, enter harvest registration and renew ATV's, ORV's, OHM's, snowmobiles & boats.