wetlandsContact McLeod Soil & Water Conservation District (SWCD) Program Manager:  Ryan Freitag, (320) 864-1214

Swampy or marshy areas are not the only wetlands requlated, wetland areas can support trees or are farmed and may also meet the definition of a wetland and are regulated. Draining, filling or excavation in wetlands can be regulated under one or more government agency. A permit will generally be required from at least one of the following: Minnesota Wetland Conservation Act Chapter 8420, DNR Rules Chapter 6115, US Army Corps of Engineers, and United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service. Contact the McLeod County Environmental Services Department at (320) 864-1259 or the McLeod County Soil & Water Conservation District at (320) 864-5176 for information on who needs to be contacted for the work being proposed in a wetland.